Updated on 20 March 2019
2. Data collected with cookies
- information about the device or application used, including browser version, device type, screen size, display resolution, operating system and IP address;
- information about the use of our online services, including information about page views, time and duration of visits, navigation around the online services and the viewed advertisement or marketing content;
3. Purpose of cookies
The cookies we use have been divided into different categories depending on their purpose. Below you can read examples of the purpose of each cookie type and learn how the use of different cookies affects the online service users:
- Functional cookies are vital for websites’ operation. They enable functionalities, such as account login, shopping basket and various website-specific settings. We also consider those cookies that allow us to share content in social media to be functional.
- Cookies connected to personalisation improve websites’ user experience. These cookies allow us to recommend products and content to our online service users and to personalise the user experience on our websites.
- Cookies connected to advertising allow adverts to be targeted in a way that makes them as interesting and relevant to the user as possible. We use these cookies in order to target our media clients’ adverts, and under certain circumstances we may disclose our cookie data to a third party. In these cases, we will have appropriate contracts in place to ensure that the third parties use the information in accordance with the law.
- Cookies connected to service development enable the collection of statistical data on the number of visitors, time spent on a website and articles and the number of times an article has been viewed, among other things. This information will help A-lehdet develop its services to be better and more relevant to the users.
4. Users’ influencing options
Your influencing options have been described in more detail below:
- Third-party cookies: You can block third-party cookies by using the browser’s or device’s cookie settings. In addition, you can visit the third parties websites and adjust the settings there (Section 5).
- Targeting based on the A-lehdet user ID: If you no longer want the content recommendations, the adverts displayed to you and the marketing and customer messages sent to you to be based on the content you consume online and on your order history, you can change the settings by logging into the A-lehdet customer services with your user ID.
5. Third parties
Below is a list of our main partners, as well as more information about how they process information and what influencing options they provide:
Furthermore, your can affect the way third parties target advertising by visiting www.youronlinechoices.eu.
The A-lehdet online services also use third-party tools and plug-ins. These tools include embedded social media and video service elements, and social media’s share and like functionalities, among other things. Third-party plug-ins like this may collect information about the online service users in order to recommend content or monitor the number of visitors, for example.